Monday, August 6, 2012

Happy Birthday Ed Dunlap!!

Today, August 7th would have been my grandfather's 88th Birthday! He passed away in January and I miss him so much it hurts! It hurts a little less everyday but I know I will always have a little hole in my heart where he fit just perfectly. He was quite the character my grandfather. He loved the outdoors! He loved his dogs and talked about them until the end, he spent most of his life with his horses. He bled red and black and would talk your ear off about his Georgia Bulldogs. He was happiest in front of a roaring fire and most importantly he loved to be with his family! I miss his laugh. I miss betting on the Georgia Auburn game with him and I miss sitting in his kitchen and talking to him over some western movie on tv. I could sit here and tell you about him all day long and how much I miss him, but I thought I would show you his life in pictures. Enjoy and your welcome, now you can say you know a little about one of the greatest men to have ever lived!



                               

                         



     







I love you so much Doo and I cannot wait to reunite with you one day!  I love this poem, it brings me so much comfort. Every time I see a sunset, the wind blows through my hair or I am looking up at the moon I know you are with me. 



Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow,
I am the diamond glints on snow,
I am the sun on ripened grain,
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning’s hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.
I am the soft star-shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there; I did not die.

-Mary Frye

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful post -- the old photos are great :)

    ReplyDelete